Duties and Additional Information of Council Members
Duties of Council Members
The President / National Councillor shall Chair the meetings of the Council and of the General Membership of the Branch and shall conduct the meetings in accordance with the current edition of Bourinot’s Rules of Order (“Rules of Order”). The President / National Councillor shall have the general and active management of the Branch and shall ensure that all orders and resolutions of the membership and of the Council are put into effect. In the role of National Councillor, the individual sits on the National Council acting as a representative of the Branch Council and shall perform such duties as the Council and the National Council may prescribe.
The Vice-President(s) shall have the powers and duties of the President in the event that the President is unable to perform his/her duties. The Vice-President(s) shall also perform such functions as may from time to time be delegated by the President, or as may from time to time be prescribed by the Council. The Vice President who resides in a location which is not the same as the President / National Councillor, they may participate as an observer at ACTRA National Council meetings (subject to approval by the National President). Any related costs or expenses will be covered by the Branch. Clarity note: If the President / National Councillor is from Southern Alberta, the Vice President from Northern Alberta would have the opportunity to observe National Council meetings.
The Secretary shall be responsible for keeping accurate minutes of all meetings of the Council, and all meetings of the General Membership of the Branch. The Secretary shall also perform such other duties as the Council may prescribe from time to time. The Secretary shall work co-operatively with the Branch Representative in all areas where the Branch Representative is involved with matters pertinent to the Branch.
The Treasurer shall work co-operatively with the Branch Representative in all areas concerning the property and monies of the Branch and the Treasurer shall act as a financial signing officer thereof. The Treasurer shall prepare and present a financial statement in co-operation with the Branch Representative to the Council as often as required. The Treasurer shall also perform such other duties as the Council may from time to time prescribe. The Treasurer shall work co-operatively in all areas where the Branch Representative is involved with matters pertinent to the Branch.
Stunt Member-At-Large is responsible for regular Stunt Committee meetings, must attend the National Stunt Committee meeting in Toronto and is required to have 200 or more stunt contracts.
Members-At-Large shall perform such duties as the Council may from time to time prescribe. Members-At-Large shall work co-operatively with the Branch Representative in the areas where the Branch Representative is involved with matters pertinent to the Branch.
- It is a two year term (November 2022 to November 2024).
- ACTRA Council meets 8 – 10 times a year, the Council does not (usually) meet during the summer months.
- Until further notice, Alberta Council meetings will be held using an online video conferencing service (Zoom).
- Honorariums ($60 – $150) are provided to Council members depending on time commitment and location of meeting. The Branch will cover reasonable childcare costs to allow members to participate in meetings.
- Council members are strongly encouraged, but not required to participate / chair committee meetings and attend the Annual General Meeting and General Meetings.
- Council members may be asked to participate at industry events and promotional events on behalf of the union.
- Council members who miss three meetings in a row (without explanation) may be asked to resign from Council.